Burpees. You either love them or hate them but you can’t live without them. They are the all body cardio burner exercise that every Mudder should master. Burpees are the all around full body exercise, they make you stronger, they improve your cardio health, and they burn serious calories. They are the perfect obstacle course training exercise to do as part of any gym or home workout.
Perfect Burpee Execution
And here it is, a step by step guide on how to do a burpee, the best bodyweight exercise you can do to train for a Tough Mudder Classic event. This may seem like a beginner exercise but once you increase the number you are doing/difficulty, you will feel the burn.
- Have both feet flat and shoulder width apart.
- Using your hips and knees, bend down and place your hands on either side of your feet.
- Jump your feet back simultaneously so that your legs are now extended straight behind you.
- Jump both your feet forwards back in between your hands, making sure your feet remain shoulder width apart as they were when you started.
- As soon as your feet are back between your hands, propel your body upwards, jumping straight up in the air with your hand above your head.
- Land back in the starting position. Repeat these movements, staying fast, strong and dynamic.
Burpees should be a part of every starter fitness plan. As you get stronger and more competent there are many burpee variations you can do. To take a look at some of the ones TMHQ recommend, head here to watch our UK Official trainer Born mixing it up and showing you how it’s done.
Feel like you’re ready for a Tough Mudder? That’s great news, grab your friends and lock in one of our tickets for 2021 today. If you liked this article, don’t worry there is plenty more where that came from on the Tough Mudder blog.