We know this might cause controversy but lemon drizzle cake is officially the UK’s favourite cake (no we couldn’t believe it either). So you can thoroughly test this classic and make your own decision at home our friends at PhD Nutrition have provided a simple but tasty recipe for lemon drizzle loaf. Plus, with added protein this will make the perfect post-workout snack (or just an afternoon treat with a cup of tea).
How to Make Lemon Drizzle Loaf
4 x Egg whites
160g of 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
140g of Oat Flour
1tsp of Baking Soda
2 x Lemons (both the zest and juice)
60ml of water
1. Use a mixing bowl to combine the Smart Protein, Oat flour and Baking soda.
2. Add in the Egg whites, Greek yoghurt and Water.
3. Squeeze the 2 Lemons and add, along with the grated zest of the lemons.
4. Vigorously mix together all of the ingredients.
5. Using a lined baking tin, pour in the mixture and place on a pre-heated oven of 175C for 20 mins or until slight browning.
Macros (Per Slice)