Two heads are better than one and by that logic Mudder Nation know one hell of a lot more than us. With that in mind and with the UK heading back into lockdown we did a little crowdsourcing for at-home workout tips. In true Tough Mudder fashion the suggestions weren’t exactly serious. We don’t know about you but we are in serious need of a good laugh these days, so here are some of our favourites.
How to Stay Fit at Home…According to Mudders
1. “My husband put the crisps and dip up high so I need to scale the work surfaces to reach the cupboard!” – Hayley Louise Corbett
2. “Lifting, specifically snacks from table to face. Repeat several times a day for best results.” – Sofia Demetri
3. “Walking to and from the fridge freezer/cupboards to see if its somehow magically replenished its stock.” – James Green
4. “I spend most of my time working out the days TV viewing schedule with eating breaks to maintain stamina.” – Jonathan White
5. “Carbing up ready for the 2021 season of course. It’s NEVER too early to start carb loading.” – Beckie Stanton
6. “Start the day with about 15 arm curls, alternating arms between spoon lifting and tea-supping. Swiftly followed by high impact cardio whilst trying to catch the children to dress them. Several intense dead-weight lifts to get the kids into the car, paying special attention to weight shifting centre points for that extra tweaking in certain areas. Then it’s 30 minutes of calf lifts with variable gradient – also know as the ‘Pedal Push’, before arriving at work the repeat step 2 to carry resources into work, and step one by about 11am!” – Gareth White
7. “Just wing it…BBQ sauce optional.” – Andrew White
8. “*Lifts cug mug / beer can up, puts it down* x40”. – Chelsea Bailey
9. “I love my slow metabolism/bloody fast pie arm workout.” – Gary Ewan
We hope some of these tips brought a smile to your face but if you came here looking for real workout tips then don’t despair. We have plenty of home workouts for you to try and we can keep you fit and motivated over lockdown with Tough Mudder Challenge – Mission: Sea to Space. Sign up today spend the next 21 days making yourself proud.